Thursday, April 26, 2007NFL Mock Draft (Second Round, Picks 33-49)
34) Detroit, Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas -- The Lions are definitely looking to rebuild their secondary and will also consider Edwards with this pick as their quarterback of the future.
35) Tampa Bay, Tank Tyler, DT, N.C. State -- With Smith off the board the Bucs decide to use the pick on defense and get some new bodies on the line to replace the aging or departed ones.
36) Cleveland, Antonio Pittman, RB, Ohio St -- This is what Cleveland wanted, with Droughns gone to the Big Apple and the veteran Lewis in as the starter from B-More, the Browns go for the hometown boy who can add a tasty flavor to the rush attack.
37) Chicago, Tony Hunt, RB, Penn St -- Exit Thomas Jones, enter ball control, north/south runner Tony Hunt.
38) Arizona, Justin Blaylock, OT, Texas -- It's time to turn over a new leaf. Arizona's OL for over a decade has been as good as Tampa Bay Devil Rays during the "TB Hit Show" days. Not a stretch by any means.
39) Atlanta, Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia -- How many Charles Johnsons has there been in the league? There's at least three others I can think of. Atlanta needs to bolster its defensive line and will do so with this pick.
40) Miami, Trent Edwards, QB, Stanford -- Miami wasn't able to land Brady Quinn in the first round so they go with their second option and hope he can develop under Cam Cameron.
41) Minnesota, Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee -- Harrell has recovered from injury and could be a second-round steal to the team that takes him.
42) San Francisco, Sydney Rice, WR, South Carolina -- Another "Rice" adorns the 49er colors. This could be a psychological deterrent or a motivator for the young stud. Red and Gold needs a run stopper who can engage at the point of attack – Ray McDonald is not that kind of DT. So, you go with your next best need.
43) Buffalo, Buster Davis, LB, Florida St -- The Buffalo fans are going wild over this pick. Here's a new motor who can be a legitimate heir to Takeo Spikes.
44) Atlanta, Kenny Irons, RB, Auburn -- You know the folks in Dacula, GA are happy that their hometown hero is playing in the ATL. This pick is called the "Warrick Dunn Insurance Policy."
45) Carolina, Zach Miller, TE, Arizona St. -- With Olsen off the board, Miller is the only other tight end with 1st day potential. This is a pick that fills a major void.
46) Pittsburgh, LaMarr Woodley, OLB, Michigan -- Another pick that fills a major void as the Steelers have to address their outside linebacker position in the first day.
47) Green Bay, Brian Leonard, FB/RB, Rutgers -- The Packers continue to retool their offense and grab a perfect combination big back that will fit in to the West coast system. Leonard can run, catch and block with the best of them.
48) Jacksonville, Ray McDonald, DT, Florida -- Sweet satisfaction. The Jags FO has silently wanted this man all along to add a dimension of speed and athleticism to the interior D-Line.
49) Cincinnati, James Marten, OT, Boston College -- BC always churns out solid O-Linemen. This one is no exception, all 6'8" of him.
Labels: 2007 NFL Mock Draft