Sporting Fools
Sporting Fools
Sporting Fools

Sporting Fools

The frequent and occasional humorous musings behind two of the World's greatest underappreciated sports minds.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My Fight for ESPNU

As you all know from last week I have made it a primary concern in my life to get ESPNU on my digital cable package (and anyone who is a Brighthouse customer in Florida please join me in this fight).

Well the first set of emails were send and the response wasn't particularly encouraging.

*****

RE: ESPNU

I would like to ask (plea, beg) for you to add ESPNU to your digital lineup or sports pak so I can have the opportunity to view the channel.

With the college football season here, I think it would best serve your financial interests to carry ESPNU either in the digital lineup or sports pak because of the great volume of college football fans in the area.

FYI, Both South Florida and Florida State have games being shown on ESPNU in the next two weeks. Thank you for your consideration and your reply is appreciated.

*** and my response ***

Hello Mr. Long.

I am checking with our Divisional Offices, to get the latest update on possible negotiations with ESPNU.

I will get back with you just as soon as I receive a response, which should be tomorrow. We do our best to provide the newest, best and most diverse array of programming for our customers. We review our channel lineups on a regular basis and we periodically make changes as new networks are launched.

We also take input and comments, such as yours, into consideration as we make programming decisions. Your opinions are valuable to us and will be considered, as we make sure we provide the best programming possible.

Thank you so much for taking the time to communicate to us your programming preference.

Sincerely,

Wanda Dunn
Bright House Networks


Right now I'm waiting for a response, but I know a stock answer when I see one. I am in a position to write a column about this one pretty soon. The fans of college football in Central Florida should not be denied!!

Posted by TPrincess 2:40 PM ||
Comments: Post a Comment