Sporting Fools
Sporting Fools
Sporting Fools

Sporting Fools

The frequent and occasional humorous musings behind two of the World's greatest underappreciated sports minds.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

More on Herrion

San Francisco 49ers offensive line prospect Thomas Herrion died after collapsing at the end of Saturday's preseason game with Denver.

The autopsy was not able to give a cause for death. Here's a wire story on the young man [Link]. He sounds like a very nice guy who had to work pretty hard to get his opportunities and it's tough to read it without sniffling a little at a the thoughts of a kid dying at 23.
"I'm just trying to do whatever I can do to make the team," Herrion said while wiping sweat from his enormous upper torso. "After the way it went last year, everybody on this team is hoping for a fresh start. I just want to find a spot, something I can do to help out. When (starting center Jeremy) Newberry got hurt, I wanted to tell them I'd snap it."

Posted by TPrincess 8:45 PM ||
Comments: Post a Comment