Sporting Fools
Sporting Fools
Sporting Fools

Sporting Fools

The frequent and occasional humorous musings behind two of the World's greatest underappreciated sports minds.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Noise From the Lincoln Tunnel?


No way this deal happens. From a Mets standpoint you'd be stupid to sacrifice your stud defensive outfielder and one of the best guys in the clubhouse for a guy that clearly doesn't want to be there.

And believe me, Sheffield does not want to be there since he had a press conference a bit ago whining about it.

However this is a nice piece of breaking news for the Post. And it's far more interesting than debating whether Channing Frye was a good pick.


'El Of a Deal [NYP]

Update: Sheffield showed considerable maturity in the press conference with this zinger: "I would go play for them. It doesn't mean I'm going to be happy playing there. And if I'm unhappy, you don't want me on your team. It's just that simple. I'll make that known to anyone."

Sheffield Warns 29 Other Teams [NYT]

Posted by TPrincess 6:48 PM ||
Comments: Post a Comment