Sporting Fools
Sporting Fools
Sporting Fools

Sporting Fools

The frequent and occasional humorous musings behind two of the World's greatest underappreciated sports minds.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Gibberish Part III: Game 4 Edition..

We're catching this one well underway, it's tied at 4-4 after a Ben Wallace bucket. Tonight I expect a much closer game.

-- Game 4 is much more cruicial in a 2-3-2 format than a 2-2-1-1-1 format because the home team MUST win. There's no way the Pistons can win back-to-back games in San Antonio and in general it's easier to win 2-of-3 on the road than two consecutive. At least that's my word and I'm sticking to it.

-- Spurs have already called their second timeout in the first quarter. No energy from the team right now. I haven't really checked Ginobili's status but one can assume he's not healthy. Which means the Pistons will have played Indiana without Artest, Miami with Shaq and Wade at 50% and San Antonio with a banged up Ginobili. Man even the Patriots must have envy for the Pistons luck.

-- I'm a little slow on the dial tonight because I'm reviewing applications for my goph---err assistant at work to help me with book research. Needless to say it's a large pool of unqualified applicants. One guy didn't even know where the Starbucks is...C'mon people.

-- Meanwhile the Spurs have spent the better part of the first half rolling over. Apparently they've decided to throw all their eggs in the Game 5 basket. Odd. When was the last time either of these teams lost three games in a row?

-- For two teams that are so evenly matched the closest game thus far has been 15 points. Now granted it's usually close until the 10-minute spot in the fourth quarter but I'd have no problem if Game 5 were a LITTLE closer down the stretch.

-- Not to say that I'm writing off Game 4 yet.

-- Well...okay maybe I am.

-- So far what we know is that Ben Wallace and Manu Ginobili are the two most important people in this series. Who would've thunk the Pistons could win any games without significant contributions from Rasheed or Prince?

-- Meanwhile Duncan is as good as Parker and Ginobili are. Yet he doesn't have the same fire he had when he and David Robinson could take over games on the inside. Sometimes I think he needs to remember how dominant he can be. No need to put the game squarely in Ginobili's hand. He did this last year with Parker and the Lakers rallied from a 2-0 deficit.

-- Game 5 is going to be VERY interesting. Right now I don't see how the Pistons are going to lose at home unless the Spurs make some serious adjustments.

-- Pistons 82-58 and this game wasn't close past the first two minutes. There's no sense of urgency on the Spurs. And since they aren't playing, I should be wasting my time typing so we'll close this sucker up.

-- Before I go, if you haven't seen Jessica Simpson's new video...Well I won't say it's required watching but it's definitely worth a peek or 20 if you have the time.

Posted by TPrincess 9:19 PM ||
Comments: Post a Comment