Sporting Fools
Sporting Fools
Sporting Fools

Sporting Fools

The frequent and occasional humorous musings behind two of the World's greatest underappreciated sports minds.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Today's Best Extra...

How could I forget this.

Rocker, Fans Reunite: While I think his heart is in the right place, you knew people weren't going to accept the new and improved John Rocker. [Newsday]
"I got a rude awakening this past week. People still want to continue to make me the favorite whipping boy of America," Rocker told Newsday late last night after his involvement in a verbal exchange with a fan in Atlantic City yesterday afternoon. "I don't understand. I'm about fed up with it."

While I don't know if this run-in had to do with his past comments or the fact that he's just a terrible pitcher right now. But Rocker had a great comeback to a fan's verbal jab with "I'm still a millionaire". That was pretty good.

I can't lie, I've been kinda rooting for the guy on this comeback. It takes a lot of heart to start at the lowest level and try to comeback from Tommy John surgery. And I believe his attitude has truly changed for the better. However, he still can't pitch and he's lost his velocity. That's going to be the reason he doesn't make it back to the bigs.

Posted by TPrincess 3:03 PM ||
Comments: Post a Comment