Sporting Fools
Sporting Fools
Sporting Fools

Sporting Fools

The frequent and occasional humorous musings behind two of the World's greatest underappreciated sports minds.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Looking for the Dope Man...

Nate Newton wants to be your dope man. When he couldn't complete on the field, the bloated former Cowboys lineman focused his attention to business. But not just any business. Nate was going to freewheel agriculture across the lower 48.
"I've always been competitive, I've always been in sports," he said. "I couldn't see myself not being the biggest dope man."

Somebody's watched New Jack City one too many times. I'll never forget the first time I read about Newton's little voyage. He was "found" with 213 pounds of weed, as if he was lost. As if Nate was missing and just randomly found with half his body weight in drugs.

Newton Reveals His Competitive Drive [Dallas Morning-News]
Newton Found With 213 lbs of Marijuana [AP]

Posted by TPrincess 1:07 AM ||
Comments: Post a Comment